Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Philippians 3:7-8

"But whatever things were gain to me, those things I have counted as loss for the sake of Christ. More than that, I count all things to be loss in view of the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them but rubbish so that I may gain Christ"

I opened my Bible (ok, not really opening because I was on the internet), and this is where I ended up. It was such a comfort to me. We really "have" nothing in this world, it is all just rubbish. Jesus told His disciples they needed nothing but their shirts and shoes (if even that), and I don't see why we should need much more than that. God has been working a lot in me recently, teaching me to "count all things as loss." Jesus is all we need.

All praise be to Him :-)

No comments: