Monday, July 28, 2008

Somewhat Tired

I am somewhat tired right now. It has been a pretty average day, nothing very special. I spent the day almost until now straightening out paperwork in a very convoluted job. Actually, every job we do is pretty convoluted (the result of a company that does everything 100% custom) but I reserve the term for only the worst. Though luckily I am just about done. Then I have some easy receiving and shipping to do. Well, now that I think about it, I have a lot of shipping and am now after break going to have to work really fast just to get that done... oh well. I get paid.

So my reading is going well. I have finished Prince Caspian and The Voyage of the Dawn Treader so far. I am now reading through The Silver Chair. It is shaping up to be quite an exciting book. Then I only have one more Narnia book and then I dive into Randy Alcorn.

Also, I got Writing Life Stories, by Bill Roorbach in the mail today. The subtitle is "How to Make Memories into Memoirs, Ideas into Essays, and Life into Literature." I read the introduction. I am definitely going to enjoy it. But I am not really starting in it until I finish at least Randy Alcorn's book.

On another note, I made my first homemade from scratch cookies on Saturday. I used my mother's famous chocolate chip cookies and they turned out great! I could not fit them all on one pan, so I had to put some on another on a lower rack. The top cookies came out absolutely perfect and moist, but the few on the shelf below were a little over-done. We went out with Ed and Pat on Saturday morning and I gave them some cookies and they really enjoyed them. And the rest were all eaten by the end of the weekend. Well, there is actually one left, but it somehow missed the chocolate chips. Either way, it will probably be eaten by the time I get home.

So life is good, though I am tired.

No comments: