Wednesday, August 27, 2008

5 Minute "Where Am I?" Exercise

I am sitting in the living room of Hannah's mother's house, where we currently live. It is getting later in the evening and we have one tall lamp on to light the room. The television is against the wall across from us with a Seinfeld dvd inside. The room is rather dark right now, but the light is just perfect, making the room very soft and comfortable. The walls have wallpaper with tiny orange colored dots in lines against a yellowish cream colored background. This wallpaper covers the living room where I am and the dining room to my right. When you just glance at it and don't look at the details it just looks like a creamy yellow color. The ceiling is painted a creamy off-white color with nothing particularly special about it. There is a large picture of a mounted goose on the wall across from us, above the television and what we call the "carnivorous" couch (because once you sit in it, it eats you and you can not get up). That couch is to my right of the television. To my left of it is the chase lounge. That is what Hannah and her mother call it, but I have no idea if that is how it is supposed to be spelled. Maybe it is supposed to be spelled in some fancy European way rather than just "chase" but that is all I know so that will have to do. At the far end of the room to my right is the keyboard I got for Hannah last Christmas. It is a yamaha and have the best keys (weighted, of course) and sound of any keyboards available. I wanted a digital piano, and that is what I got.

So that is where I am, and though I was supposed to only write for five minutes, I have now been writing more than 7 minutes... oh well.

No comments: