Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Nasty Day

This winter has been very, very annoying. Rather than getting a few nice snows, we have instead this season gotten snow/sleet/ice mixes every time! It is just enough snow to make me feel too guilty to skip work and yet enough to make it sometimes extremely hard to get around... ugh.

We got another "wintery mix" last night and it is continuing today. Hannah wanted me to stay home, but Dan (who I was carpooling with today) asked what I wanted to do and I said we should go. I know he did not want to go (and his wife did not want him to either) but I am glad we decided to. I would not have been able to make it with my two wheel drive car.

I can not afford to use a vacation day and I can not afford to take an unpaid day off.

So here I am at work, looking out at the snow/sleet coming down... funfun. I wish I was home. I miss my Joys... but at the same time, I am glad I am here.

No comments: