Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Prayer

Oh, dear Heavenly father,
It seems there is nothing to lean on,
The world offers its hollow relativity,
The modern church its shallow slogans,
And I am left feeling lost and alone.

There is so much more beyond what I see,
I see all of time woven into Your sovereign plan,
But what is Your plan for me?
You care for the smallest birds and flowers,
Yet I still feel lost in the crowd.

I need You close, and I need You now,
The daily toll on me seems more than I can bear,
How will I pay money that is not there?
How will I work hours that do not exist?
How will I guide my family if I have no time left for them?
What is a man who can not even provide a roof over his family's heads?

But still I know this is in Your plan,
The worries of life are heavy,
But I trust that you will provide our daily bread.
If nothing else, I am learning humbleness from You,
I rely on You for everything,
Without You I can do nothing.

Please speak to me, give me direction,
Give me wisdom to follow Your will for my family,
Open the doors that You want me to enter,
Close the doors that are not for me,
Pour out Your amazing grace upon me and my family,
That You may be honored in everything we do.

All praise be to You, Lord,
In Jesus' name,
Amen

No comments: