Sunday, July 6, 2008

Too Much

I find blogging easy when life is not too full. During times when life gets too stressful and full I get overwhelmed at the though of trying to put it all into words. So that leads me to now, life is incredibly and deeply stressful and almost disturbing. While this is a point in my life when I have the most to write, I am instead writing this short post. Maybe I will be able to reduce what is happening into words some other time, but for now this will have to do.

We are in Florida with my family right now and today went and visited Grandpa Golden and his wife Georgia and they had an incredible little book of affirmations for cynics entitled Today I Will Nourish My Inner Martyr. While some of the book is humerous, a lot of it can not help but make me think and reflect on myself and those I know. I came across this one peice that really cut deep. It is far more true and reflective than specifically my family possibly realizes:

"I have no need to resolve the wounds of my past;
I am most confortable surrounded by a cloak of denial."

No comments: