Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I Did the Deed

I got up this morning and voted before work. The line was pretty long, I had to wait about thirty minutes, not so long compared to some lines but still longer than I have ever waited at this polling place. I cast my ballot for McCain/Palin, Charlie Dent, Mike Welsh, and Tom Corbett among others. Though this has been a very disappointing election season (also terrifying!), I was at least excited about voting for Tom Corbett. He is running for State Attorney General and he has a hard core record of prosecution. He is willing and has a record of holding even Harrisburg politicians to account for their illegal activities. Also he is a hard-liner against child molestors. We will see what happens. I can not say I was excited to vote for John McCain, but I was thrilled to be able to vote for Sarah Palin. A vote for McCain is a vote to bring that incredible woman that much closer to the White House. Now I just need to get through the rest of the day so I can go home, relax, listen to the coverage and pray for the best outcome. This day is taking too long, I am definitely ready to be home.

No comments: