Thursday, October 30, 2008

My Critters

I love critters, whether bugs of small animals or whatever! I seem to find them everywhere I go, and whenever possible I like to snap a picture. Unfortunately I don't have pictures of the 20 live bees I once caught and put inside a jar or a few other fun moments, but these are still some fun ones.



I caughts this spider at work. I brought it home but Hannah was not as thrilled by it as me :-)



This lovely beast fell from the tree to his death. He looks pretty comfy here, though, almost like he was just sleeping... oddly enough, another squirrell dropped down dead a couple days later.



This was a neat grasshopper type bug I found on the hood of my car. It was far too cool to not get a picture of.


Here is another spider I caught at work.


I love walking sticks, and here is one I found at work.


Here are some walking stick I found that were mating. (The fat one on the bottom is the female)


I never quite figured out what this was. It was obviously alive but its face looked painted on rather than actually being a face. To be perfectly honest I do not even know if that was his face! But that goofy tongue looking thing made this bug too cool to pass up.


Hannah and I were driving in Florida when this little guy walked out from under our hood and onto our windshield. He was able to hold on until we reached 55 mph.


I still have not figured out what this thing is... :-)


I found this dead snake on the driveway at work.


This is a live snake I recently caught at work.


This wasp is an old friend of mine. I caught him across the street from the Warehouse in our barn location. Rather than kill him, I stuck him to a box with two nails squeezed against his waist to keep him in place. I visited him ever time I went to the barn, was able to pet him and watch his stinger pop out and go back in. Then after three weeks of being stuck there, he died. It was a sad day when I came in and realized he was gone. But he still sits there stuck to the box to this day. It has been over a year.


Here is a field mouse I caught today. I saw his scurrying across the driveway at work so I chased him down and stepped on him... which was enough to kill him. So I bagged my game and showed it off around the shop.

1 comment:

Hannah Joy said...

You are a weird and morbid man!!!! How could you lump my precious baby in with all those disgusting dead creatures????

hmph!!!