Friday, January 23, 2009

Shooting


Joe took me out shooting Wednesday night! It was rough being away from the girls, but was great fun. He wanted to get me used to shooting before we used my gun (mine has a bit more kick). We started with a .38 special revolver, which was fun. I learned how to load and shoot it. I did pretty well with it. Then we shot a .45 Colt (not a Colt, but the same design) which was very fun. I loaded it and shot it and had my shots all together, but to the lower left of the center of the target. Then we used mine and it was really fun! It is a great size and easy to hold and shoot. Not having to cock it every time is nice too. I found it a lot more difficult to aim than the revolvers, but regardless was great to shoot. I definitely need to practice. Then before we left, Joe pulled out a .357 Magnum... WOW! That had a nice kick and a very loud sound. Joe shot it first and I was standing behind him. Every time he shot it I felt a shockwave hit my face. I shot it and boy was it neat... It just feels so darn powerful!

So tonight we are going to clean the guns (Joe has lead solvent) at Joe's apartment. I am excited to learn more about my .40 Springfield XD. And I am excited about the next time I go shooting. This first time was definitely fun, but I must admit that once I did try to load my bullets backward... but I will not be broadcasting that around :-).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds cool, if I were to go shooting, I would want to shoot a M1 Garand