Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Great Day

Today was a great day. I was a little tired to start, but eventually I was able to wake up and enjoy the day. After work, Hannah went out to have some time alone and I had some fun time with the girlies. We looked at the new lift-the-flap Easter book that I got them. After reading the book multiple times and talking about Jesus, I thought it would be a good time to watch our movie about Jesus' death with them. Riley has never let us watch it all the way through (she gets upset when the soldiers show up in Gethsemane), but this time we watched the movie and flipped through the book at the same time, really emphasizing the events of that last week. Riley Joy was engrossed but Amity was content to just keep flipping open the flaps over and over again and did not pay any attention to the movie (she is much like Karis when it comes to watching movies). It was sad and hard to watch (even an animated version of those events), but I was most excited to get to the second DVD, which was the resurrection. So after Jesus had died, the camera zoomed out and faded into the credits. I quickly pulled out the next DVD to put in, but was unpleasantly surprised to see that it was cracked! Somehow the DVD had gotten stepped on or something and was cracked and unwatchable. It really stinks to watch Jesus die and not then be able to see Him rise up again. So we just talked about Him rising back up. But I hope we can replace that DVD soon, especially with Easter coming soon.

After putting the girls to bed, I had some great time with Hannah. We watched the Cosby show and then an episode of Dog the Bounty Hunter and had fun. Then we talked for a good while. I like her :-). So overall a good day and a great evening. Now for schoolwork...

No comments: