Friday, January 6, 2012

"Jesus Wouldn't Use Bad Words!"

This morning I was reminded of a funny experience I had with the young child of a co-worker a couple of months ago. He was talking with me while I was cleaning walls about how much he likes superheroes. I said, "Well do you know that Jesus is even more incredible than those super heroes?" He asked me what I meant. So I said, "Well, do you know what happened when Jesus was in a boat with His disciples during a terrible storm?" He said "No." So I continued, "It was a terrible storm and his disciples were terrified! But Jesus was not afraid and looked up at the sky and said, 'Shut up!' and it did! The storm stopped immediately! Now that's pretty incredible, I have never heard of a real superhero doing that!" I looked down at him and saw his face white as a sheet with the most incredible look of shock. I asked what was wrong and he forcefully told me, "Jesus would not use bad words!" Oops. I agreed with him and explained that Jesus actually said, "Peace, be still" to the storm. I still can't believe I used such bad words.

No comments: