Saturday, June 9, 2012

That Time of Year

Summer time is here again, and with it comes extra work. During this time of year I work on the weekends for the owner of our company doing things that he and his wife are too busy or unable to do. Today I cleaned part of their roof (it's a reflective metal roof that needs sweeping and scrubbing to be effective) and also gutters. It's fun work. Working during the week in an underground shop often with large amounts of paperwork can become tedious, but it is so refreshing to work outside under the sun. I absolutely love outdoor cleaning. I love taking something dirty and applying time and energy to it and then seeing a dramatic result. It is some of the most refreshing work I can think of. Next week I will clean the rest of the roof (regular shingled roof) and the rest of the gutters. There is quite a bit more they have for me and I'm excited to do it. But now, having finished my work for the day I must rush home to be with the family. I love working, but what I love even more is being with them. I woke up this morning and saw Hannah next to me and could not help but just pray and pray and thank Jesus for her. I love my Hannah Joy and our little family more than words could possibly describe. God has been so very gracious to me. Life is goooooooood.

No comments: