Thursday, July 26, 2012

Identity

It breaks my heart how few Christians understand their true identity. They live lives at the mercy of their present and past circumstances. Their faith becomes a pain management program.

I want to live in my identity in Christ. I want to be so completely built on the completed work of Christ in me, that I can live without offence. When I am hurt or abused by people around me, I respond with love toward those persecutors because I understand that Jesus' blood was shed for them too. There is no person alive who is not worth the death of God. Jesus did not just die for me, He died for everyone.

And even when people hurt or abuse me (by the world's standards), I leave without scar or bitterness because they truly cannot hurt me. Rather than me being the victim, the reality is that they are the victims, as ecvidenced by their actions toward me. They are victims of false identity, the Satanic lie that we need to spend our livs trying to find in this world the peace, fulfillment and joy that can only be found in Jesus.

I have no right to judge my persecutors because Jesus alraedy took their judgment upon himself up on the cross.

Nobody in this world can hurt me, becuase I live out of the identity Jesus purchased for me on the cross. I am not trying to make my life better, I am already a "new creation" in Him. I am perfect and complete and this world cannot hurt me.

Praise Jesus for what He has done for us!!!

No comments: