Friday, June 13, 2008

Not As Expected...

So this day was not the "Christmas in June" that I thought it was going to be. I got my knife from the sharpeners during lunch and was very disappointed with the job they did. It is not very sharp. Granted, the steel is relatively soft, but I know they could do a better job than that. So they told me that they would not charge me and directed me to another professional knife sharpener who might be able to do a better job. We will see. Then afterwards the traffic was so bad in Pennsburg because of construction that I did not have enough time to eat lunch and ended up getting back to work 5 minutes late.

Throughout the day I kept checking on Shane's flight which was scheduled to arrive at 5:36pm in Allentown. But it kept getting bumped later and later and then right before I left to come home it said, "CANCELLED." So now he is in a hotel at O'Hare Airport in Chicago (his layover) and tomorrow hopefully he will make it here.

Then this evening was Charlie's party and I was quite excited about it, though I was disappointed Shane could not come. Then Riley was fussy and Hannah did not want to mess up her sleep schedule, so she decided to stay home and not go to the party... which left me going to the party alone. It would have been a lot more fun if Hannah had been there, but I went alone and had a decent time.

Ugh.

Now I am going to watch a zombie movie... I am in that kind of mood.

No comments: