Sunday, June 8, 2008

Air Conditioning

It is very hot here right now, been in the mid-nineties for two days now and we are really feeling it. We got a little air conditioner a year ago that I call the "A/C That Could" because though it is small, it really pack a wallop. But... it just does not seem to be cutting it now. It is blowing out cold air, but it disappears within four feet of the a/c and is not cooling the room. And it does not help that our room is against a brick wall in the direct face of sunlight for the second half of the day. So we are baking right now. When the baby could not sleep this evening (because of the incredibly uncomfortable heat) we decided we had to do something, so I went out looking for a new a/c. Besides, we are going to be getting a new apartment soon and we need one that can cool it all. So I went to Ollies, but it was closed. Then I went to K-Mart where we have recently found some shockingly good deals, but this time there was nothing good. Finally I went to Target where Hannah's mother got a new one yesterday (Sam took her old one) and I was going to get the same one she got, but when I asked where they were they told me, "We are sold out of all our air conditioners." NOT A SINGLE A/C IN THE ENTIRE STORE!!! AAAAAAAAAH! So what, did all the air conditioners in the Lehigh Valley suddenly go bad (like ours)? I do not want to hear from anyone that our economy is in ruins when a bunch of wimpy Pennsylvanians can go out and get new air conditioners just because it is summer again! Does everyone just need a new one or something? Do people just go buy new air conditioners every year? How can all of them be sold out! We actually have a broken one and need a new one but there are none available!!! Ok, I am just annoyed that our one and only a/c died and we can not replace it, at least yet. Maybe some day I will be one of the ones that owns five air conditioners and goes out and buys a new one each year just for the heck of it so that the people who actually need them can not get them.

I know this is a very self-centered and selfish tirade, but I am more trying to let my frustration out than pass judgment on those obviously terrible people who bought up all of the air conditioners.

No comments: