Thursday, July 17, 2008

My Short Testimony

A friend asked for my testimony, this is what I wrote him:

I was the firstborn of five into a Christian home. My parents taught me well and at age six years after hearing the Gospel told during AWANA, I prayed in my bed and told Jesus that I believed in him and wanted to spend eternity with him. Then I prayed it many more times over the next couple weeks, just to make sure that Jesus completely understood me :-). We were living in Pennsylvania when God spoke to my father and told him it was time he left his job and become a missionary. So we packed up and left home in faith with almost no money in promised support. God provided for our every need over those years. My dad is a computer programmer for New Tribes Mission and by God's grace has designed software which is now used by many missionaries around the world to help bring the Gospel to unreached tribal groups. I left home after graduating high school and returned to Pennsylvania to get my Bible degree, and halfway through the year God spoke to me one night and said, "I want you to marry Hannah." Now Hannah had been my best friend since age four, and the thought of being in a romantic relationship with her was quite shocking to me. I called her up a few days later and told her what He had said only to find He had been preparing her heart for it. She was the first girl I was ever in a relationship with, and we got married less than a year later. Now I work for a company manufacturing electronic church organs, am still married to my godly wife, and am experiencing the joys of fatherhood with my nearly 7 month old daughter. God is good and God is faithful. I owe everything to Him. All praise and glory and honor be to Him forever and ever. Amen.

1 comment:

Hannah Joy said...

I love you. Riley's awake from her very short nap... We're going to go run errands. I hope you're having a good day!!!! :0)