Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Dinner With Ed

We just got back a little bit ago from dinner at a diner with Ed and his wife Pat. He recently had quadruple bypass heart surgery and this is the first time I saw him since then. He is doing very well given what they did to him. On July 7 the doctor will tell him whether he can go back to work yet or not. We will see. It hurts not having him around. He has been out more than four weeks now and the person who is supposed to be keeping up with his work has literally been working for three weeks on what Ed takes a couple of days to do. I hope Ed is able to come back soon, we need him!

He has been reading The Case for Christ which I gave him right before he got sick. He is not saved but has been asking questions and is always willing to listen to what I have to say. He told me a couple months ago, "I want the facts. Facts are what can convince me so show me credible facts and I will re-evaluate what I believe." So I got him this book which lays out the most logical and reasonable case for Christ using only the facts. I told him that in that book are the facts and he can do with them what he will.

So it has been a good evening. I hope Ed finishes the book while he is out, he definitely has the time. Most of his time during the day right now is spent watching Court TV. He has seen all the episodes and now they are all reruns to him.

I have been and will keep praying for him and his wife.

No comments: