Saturday, August 9, 2008

BEAUTIFUL Day!

I have been selling off DVDs over the last week on Amazon and got an email today that another sold. So I printed off my packing slip, packaged the dvd, printed my mailing label, and left for the Post Office. It was perfect outside! The sun was shining bright but the air was crisp and cool. I got into my car and started driving and went to turn on the a/c, but then went, "What am I doing!?!" I turned it off and rolled down my window to enjoy the morning. I meant to turn on music but ended up just praying the whole way there, praising God for this glorious day.

After I had dropped off my package I started home, and this time turned on music! It was a perfect day, so I needed the perfect music... so I put on country! I cranked Toby Keith good and loud so I could hear it over the wind blowing through the window. It was about a perfect moment :-). Many of my best childhood memories are riding with my mother to Redner's on a beautiful day with the windows down, listening to loud, fast country music.

Life is good. I love days like this. Riley is asleep right now, Hannah is on Facebook and I am going to get off now to taste the new cake I baked! It is devil's food cake with whipped white frosting and gobs of coconut on top... good stuff!

No comments: