Monday, August 4, 2008

Close Call

My arm was almost smashed a few minutes ago... I am still quite shaken at the thought of it, knowing that had circumstances been only slightly different I would be on my way to the hospital with my forearm crushed.

We just finished an organ for Moody Bible Institute, and it is quite a beast. They put in on the truck lift and then realized it was about 6-8 inches too wide for it. So they called me and some others out for what they knew would be a hefty job. I was on the side that was hanging off with John C and Kevin L. They had a handle to lift on, but on my side we had to keep the handle down in order to swing it into the truck. So after we raised the lift, the fun began.

I found as good place as I could to lift and push, with my elbow braced against the corner where the lift met the floor of the truck. Well, when we got our bearings everyone let out grunts and we lifted and pushed with all our might. John C gave a mighty shove and the console which was still hanging off the edge swung forward and the lower edge of the console came forward quickly and came instantly over the corner where my arm was braced. Somehow my arm was not there, even though I can not figure out how. Had it been there, the bottom edge of the massive console would have ground instantly down into my arm and easily broken the bones and skin against the back edge of the truck floor. Praise the Lord all that was caught was my shirt right below my elbow. In the end I just had a ripped shirt. How my arm got out I just don't know.

2 comments:

Jenna Lyn said...

Whoohoo! Praise the Lord!

Hannah Joy said...

Praise GOD! Oh my word a crushed arm is never some thing needed! I don't now how I missed this post, or how you didn't mention it to me last night!! I love you so much!!!!!!

Riley and I are off to the babywearing group in a little bit..Hoping to meet some other Mom's in the area :0) I love you.