Friday, August 8, 2008

Hard Night

I did something last night that I have not done in a long time, I sat in bed and watched some of a movie on my computer before going to sleep... bad move. When I decided to go to bed, my mind started racing. Thoughts were shooting from one end of my brain to the other and then would bounce around like a pinball. I eventually fell asleep but my dreams were the same way and every time I woke up (which was quite often) I felt more mentally exhausted than when I last fell asleep. Ugh. It was a long night. And it did not help that Riley Joy was up for a long time (or at least talking in her sleep) around 4 am. So now I am pretty tired, but still very glad it is Friday.

This week went by faster than anything... but today is crawling so far. I have been able to work at the shipping bench this morning which has been nice. I have been listening to Matthew... wow, rough book. It is hard enough for a Christian to listen to it, but I can not believe how hard it would have been for a Jew to hear the sermon on the mount. It is not a fluffy sermon, instead it is a direct and deep-cutting message that pulls your self-righteous legs out from underneath you, and to the Jews who saw self-righteousness as their way into Heaven it must have been the hardest sermon they had ever heard. I can not help but see people in tears as Jesus told them that though they on the outside were doing right, they were still totally wrong on the inside, which is where it counts. But even as the meek and lowly were in tears before Jesus, the Pharisees and scribes turned up their noses at Him. In that context, it is no wonder that Jesus says the least on the earth will be greatest when the Kingdom of Heaven comes to the earth.

No comments: