Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Friday Party

We went to a party at Charlie's on Friday and it was great! He put on a party back in June which was pretty good, but this was great! Last time it had a seemingly random assortment of exotic foods which made no sense to me and I could not figure out what was supposed to be dipped and what was supposed to be eaten alone. This time it was a taco party. Everyone brought something and boy was the food great! Dan D brought two of his famous salsas and Charlie made his own special dips. Then there was also basic taco parts. But Charlie had this little bowl of brown dip which just blew me away, you dip your chip in and get just the smallest amount on it and then when you bite it the flavor explodes! And the best part is that though it is very very hot, you still can clearly taste and enjoy the flavor!

My addition to the party was my mother's famous butter cookies. They came out perfect! I thought about decorating them but decided against it in the end. But I brought them in and as soon as people started eating them I started getting compliments. Even people who did not know that I had made them were going, "Ummmm, these are really good!" I enjoyed hearing that. Then John and Sarah C came in and Sarah had one and said, "I know these cookies! Debbie Burgett makes these and I have the recipe!" It was fun :-). So the cookies were definitely a hit, though out of the whole batch I was only able to eat three. Oh well... guess I will just have to make more!

1 comment:

Hannah Joy said...

They were definitely yummy cookies! :0) You did a great job. I love you!